04 August 2015
Grand Champion Ewe: Glenpaen Merino Stud
Victorian stud, Glenpaen continued their success in the show circuit winning the Grand Champion Ewe at Sheepvention with the same ewe that also took out the honours at both the Australian Sheep & Wool show at Bendigo and the Ballarat Sheep Show.
Photo above: Harry Miller Glenpaen Merino Stud with Tom Hawkins,Geelong Football Club and Pat Millear, Judge at Sheepvention
Grand Champion Ram: Wurrook Merino Stud
In a quirky twist, the Grand Champion Ram award was taken out by Wurrook Merino Stud, Rokewood, Victoria, with a long wool Fine wool ram, with a different ram to the winner of both shows at Bendigo and Ballarat. Orrie Cowie Poll Merinos from South Australia was also a strong challenger in the medium and broader classes with their Poll Merino lineup and won the Reserve Champion Ram of Show.
Photo below: The Champion Ram sashed in the championship lineup at Sheepvention.
Photo below: Reserve Champion Ram awarded to Orrie Cowie Poll Merino Stud, South Australia.
20 July 2015
SA premiers at the 2015 National Merino Pair Awards
South Australian stud, Greenfields, won the National Merino Pair judging on Friday night at the Australian Sheep & Wool Show.
Considered the most prestigeous national Merino competition, state finalists included a line up from Merino studs: Greenfields (SA), Nerstane (NSW), Wilgunya (Qld), Navanvale (WA) & Glenpaen (Vic).
- 2015 Supreme Merino Exhibit was awarded to Wurrook (Vic), who was earlier judged Grand Champion Superfine Ram of Show.
- 2015 Grand Champion Merino Ewe awarded to Glenpaen (Vic).
- 2015 Australian Merino All Purpose Champion awarded to Terrick West (Vic).
- 2015 Championship Fleece of Show awarded to Trefusis (Tas) Photo of Georgina Wallace at the Australian Sheep & Wool Show 2015 with the Champion Fleece.
- 2015 Young Studmaster Achiever Award: Alan Hobley won from WA.