AASMB Board Positions
The Australian Association of Stud Merino Breeders Limited (AASMB) is looking Australia wide for volunteer directors to join the Board.
AASMB is the peak body for Merino breeders in Australia, providing breed standards, national flock registry, advocacy and promotion for the Industry.
Vision: The Australian Merino is to be the most profitable, productive and progressive sheep in the world.
The Merino is critical to Australia’s mass of meat and wool supply that is integral to the Industry and the livelihood of many communities. Merinos provide multiple income streams via meat, wool, genetics, base for first cross ewes, excess sheep and more. Australia produces the world’s best Merinos. Merino wool benefits far outweigh other fibres in that it is most suited for luxury clothing, high performance sportswear and apparel made for close skin contact and health benefits. It is natural, renewable and biodegradable. These qualities make Merinos a truly sustainable option for both producers and consumers with an exciting future ahead.
Breeders and commercial producers are constantly facing challenges from many angles, as well as opportunities. AASMB not only contributes to the Merino Industry via breed standards and flock registration, it also maintains a close interest in matters affecting both the Stud and Commercial Merino Industry. AASMB sits on Industry panels, is consulted by and gives direction to government, statutory authorities, other organisations and individuals, both in Australia and overseas.
The Board establishes the direction of AASMB and provides ongoing oversight of the organisation’s activities on behalf of its members and stakeholders. These positions are a rare opportunity for you to make a valuable contribution.
You will have a strong knowledge of directors’ roles and responsibilities, including the legal, ethical, fiduciary and financial responsibilities.
In addition, you will have a demonstrated track record of achievement, as a director or leader of a company or not for profit organisation, with the ability to think strategically. You will also be able to apply your expertise, interpersonal and communication skills to work professionally and collaboratively with the rest of the Board, CEO, members and stakeholders. You will bring a national focus to benefit all members and the Industry.
Experience in the Agricultural Industry, Merino Industry or other related industry is required, as well as one or more of the following expertise:
- Corporate, government or youth leadership
- Persons with Public Profile
- Marketing/Public Relations/Strategic alliances
- Animal health
- Finance or Governance
- Board members are expected to prepare for and participate in board meetings, approx 6 per year, most via video-link, some in person.
- Additional time is required for sub-committee and advocacy preparation and participation, networking, and occasional participation in activities and events.
- This is a voluntary, unpaid positon.
- The position is appointed by the Board and must be ratified at the AGM.
- Tenure is an initial term of two (2) years and can be renewed by the Board.
- Contribution to a well respected national Merino body
- Participation on Industry panels
- As these are voluntary positions, AASMB covers the cost of Director insurance
- Travel cost reimbursement as determined by the Board for attending approved meetings and events
MORE INFORMATION & APPLICATIONS
For more Information and job description – E: email@example.com
Applications to be submitted with a resume with cover letter by 4 November 2022 to – E: firstname.lastname@example.org